Linking Scholarship and Activism in Migration Societies: Critical Inquiries
December 13-15, 2018 at University of Oldenburg, Germany.
Opening Keynote lecture
The Structures of Knowledge of Westernized Universities, Global Structures of Power and Migration
Ramon Grosfoguel (Berkeley University of California, USA).
- Scholar Activism between and across the Mexico-US borders - Alexandra Delano (The New School, NY, USA)
- Migration Research and the Terms of Engagement: Reflections on Knowledge, Power and Resistance - Aziz Choudry (McGill University, Canada)
- Kritnet: Trial and errors of activist academic knowledge production in the field of border studies - Sabine Hess (Göttingen University, Germany).
- Working through the Double-Binds: Refractions on Research with Sex Workers in India - Debolina Dutta (University of Melbourne, Australia)
Panels and workshops
- Panel 1: Multi-sited Enquiries in the US and India
- Panel 2: Enquiries and Action in African Migration Societies
- Panel 3: Asylum in Europe? - Multi-sited Contestations
- Panel 4: Participatory Research and Genders
- Panel 5: Political Subjectivity in Forced Migration Studies in the Postcolonial World
- Panel 6: Art-based Activism in Migration Societies
- Workshops: Migration Studies and Activist Research Practice / The Balkanroute: Paste, Present, and Future