The Consortium consists of delegates from the following institutions:
- University of Oldenburg, Germany (UOL)
- Ahfad University for Women, Omdurman, Sudan (AUW)
- Mbarara University of Science & Technology in Uganda (MUST)
- University of Nova Gorica, Slovenia (UNG)
- University of South Bohemia, Czech Republic (USB)
- University of Stavanger, Norway (UIS)
- University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa (Wits)
EMMIR Partners in the consortium represent multidisciplinary expertise in migration studies and intersecting fields, such as gender studies, cultural studies, and education and development studies.
The four European and three African universities in the partnership join forces with Associates from 15 countries in order to tie in with social dynamics as well as securing graduates' employability. The areas associates represent are:
- aid and advocacy
- civil society and culture
- research and documentation
- local authorities, schools and continuing education.